Bringing Board Games News, Reviews, and Goodness to the Interwebs.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Renegade Win & Jaipur First Impressions

Share

I got into an 8 player game of Bang! this weekend.  In general, I think the Sheriff/Deputies win about 70% of the time, with the Outlaws winning about 30%.  I've never seen the Renegade win ... until last Friday. 

Using Indians, a Gatling, a Howitzer, and few other cards, the Renegade took down almost every other player in one turn.  A few dynamites that exploded on the sheriff later and the first ever Renegade victory took place.  Anyone else have Renegade wins? 

Also, I got my copy of Jaipur in the mail.  I'm always on the lookout for good 2 player games.  Games designed for two players are often sub-par and games that are designed for multiple players but can be played with two are usually less than stellar as well. 

My wife and I played two games this weekend.  It's a bit early for me to do a full review of this game, but I have to say that I really enjoyed it.  There's a nice tension between taking something from the market or choosing to sell instead and thus leaving goods available for the opponent.  The same with taking camels.  While they allow you to take more goods later, the market will be replaced with random cards and that means your opponent gets first pick.  It's also relatively simple to learn and play. 

So far, it gets a thumbs up, and I'm looking forward to future plays. 

It even got me to bring out Lost Cities.  But LC is a miserable game in comparison and it just made me enjoy Jaipur more. 


Jaipur is available from BoardsandBits and FunAgain.
blog comments powered by Disqus